If you have long hair and you’re tired of rocking the same do every single day, you’ll be happy to discover that there are all kinds of ways you can style your tresses. Here are a few styles for longer locks that you’re sure to love:
Easy Breezy Waves
This look is reminiscent of the effortlessly sexy look you have when you step out of the ocean. Here’s how to get it:
- Use a salt spray, like L’Oreal Paris EverStyle Texture Series Beach spray to mist wet strands.
- Create a part where you normally would, and then make a braid on each side.
- After your hair has air dried, undo the braids and tousle your hair. The final result will be loose waves, if your hair’s naturally curly, the curls will be more defined.
- Grab a tiny bit of hair from the side of your head, near the temple, and twist it backwards towards the crown, securing with bobby pins.
The Sassy Side Braid
Side braids are one of the greatest things to happen to hair. Not only are they super easy, they also give you that casually sexy look that guys love. And the looser you make your side braid, the sexier it is. Here’s how to do it:
- Create a side part and work in a texturizing cream, like Garnier Fructis Style Power Putty Surfer Hair.
- Pull your strands into a low, loose pony on the opposite side of the part.
- Split your hair into three sections, braid and tie at the bottom with an elastic. Pull out a few pieces to frame your face and create a look that’s more natural.
The Ballerina Bun
Even if your days in ballet are over, that doesn’t mean the hairstyle has to be. Ballerina buns are a classic look that instantly makes you appear pulled together; all you have to do is follow these simple steps:
- Rub a few drops of a lightweight serum such as Pantene Pro-V Truly Natural Shine serum with argan oil into the palms of your hands.
- Work the product in underneath your strands, then rub it over the top layer so your hair won’t collect too much product and appear greasy.
- Twirl your hair in a circle like a cinnamon roll, tuck the ends underneath, and secure it with bobby pins.
Super Chic Chignon
This is a sophisticated update on a classic bun that makes a great look for a night out. It’s a little bit braid, a little bit bun, so what you get is the best of both styles. Here’s how it’s done:
- Pull hair back into a ponytail at the nape of your neck and braid it until you’re halfway to the end.
- Spray with a dry texturizing spray, like Bumble and Bumble Thickening Dryspun Finish.
- Twist it into a round bun, leaving the ends out, secure it and add bobby pins with sparkle and bling to give it some pizzazz.
**For a fresh take on a tried and true classic, move your chignon a few inches over to the side. Do this by making a deep side part and then creating a chignon below that same ear. Amy Poehler rocked this gorgeous style at the Golden Globes!
Long Luxurious Curls
Nothing compares to curls when you’re going for a glamorous look, and even if you weren’t blessed with a curly head of hair, you can still get the look by following these easy steps below:
- Wash and use a deep conditioner such as Burt’s Bees Hair Repair to deep condition hair for a healthy, vibrant shine.
- Using a round brush, blow dry hair.
- Take a large curling iron and alternate between 2 inch sections, rolling your hair around the barrel in one direction and then again the opposite way to create a ripple effect.
- When you’re done, spritz with an aerosol shine spray such as Biosilk Shine On.
There are all kinds of ways you can style your long hair. The key is to experiment and find what works for you!